Thursday, October 12, 2017

So Thankful for Finding and Following Keto!!! 10/12/2017


It has again been over a year since I posted to my blog and I know I really only do this because it is the only way I can remember things that have happened along this journey and sometimes I need to look back and see where I came from.

On 02/02/15 I posed a pic to this blog of me trying to get into my favorite jeans. After that they became my goal jeans. I have been able to where them for a while now (story to follow) but today I put them on as I was feeling bloated and realized they are now my “fat day pants”! What a great feeling that is so I had a friend take a pic of me wearing them and wanted to put it here so I could again inspire myself!!!

Since 2015 when I hit 182 pounds I have been fighting to get the weight back off. I lost about 10 pounds but was stuck. I tried low carb, I tried working out, I tried shakes and bars, and pills and nothing worked. In March of 2017 I heard about the Ketogenic Diet and started doing a ton of research. It sounded so close to what I was already doing post bariatric but the added benefit of high fat foods sounded to good to be true. My husband who was also trying to lose and struggling agreed it sounded like something he would like to try.

03/30/2017 we started Keto together. I weighed in that morning at 169.4. There was lots of trial and error, lots of recipe research (still is thank you Pinterest) and lots of reading but we have turned it into a way of live. It has been just over 6 months now and I am pretty steady at 149 so down 20 pounds and holding. I am pretty happy where I am at (never thought I would say that) but really wanting to focus on toning up now and the extra skin is an issue. Hubby is down about 30 or so pounds and still has some to lose so we are planning on sticking to this.

I have been thinking about using this blog to share my keto recipes but I am not good at follow through so we will see how that goes.
Before Surgery
Today
 
2015
 

No comments:

Post a Comment